The Vienna Doctoral Program on Complex Quantum Systems invites applications for PhD fellowships.
The Vienna Doctoral Program on Complex Quantum Systems (CoQuS) is a training center for more than 40 students who are selected from an international pool of applicants, based on their academic excellence, scientific success and ambition.
Research in CoQuS covers experimental and theoretical quantum physics:
- Quantum Nanophysics & Molecular Quantum Optics
- Quantum Foundations
- Quantum Information on the Nano- & Microscale
- Quantum Optics Theory
- Nano-Fiber Photonics & Quantum Optics
- Cold atoms and atom chips
- Quantum-enhanced measurement & metrology
- Quantum cascade lasers & quantum dots
- Many-body quantum theory
- Quantum information sciences & quantum computation
- Quantum Information and Foundations of Physics
- Quantum effects in biological systems
The FWF funded doctoral program CoQuS is jointly hosted and co-financed by the University of Vienna and the Vienna University of Technology.
Application deadline: December 15, 2013
Invitations to Vienna: End of January 2014
Hearing in Vienna: February 20 and 21, 2014
Information on selection: End of March, 2014
Start in CoQuS: October 2014
Application details: www.coqus.at