The Technology Innovation Institute (TII) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, is a newly-established, top-funding state initiative that aims at becoming a major international hub for Science & Technology (https://www.tii.ae/). The Quantum Research Centre (QRC) at TII has recently launched world-class theoretical and experimental research groups on different quantum technologies (https://quantum.tii.ae/about-us-quantum).
The Quantum Algorithms Division, directed by Prof. Leandro Aolita, focusses on the development and deployment of quantum-enhanced methods for complex optimizations, matrix-arithmetics problems, machine learning, Monte-Carlo estimations, and many-body quantum simulations, among others. Our goals are two-fold: practical primitives for near-term quantum hardware as well as advanced procedures for future, fully-fledged universal quantum computers.
Research activities include
- hybrid classical-quantum approaches
- neural- and tensor networks
- quantum signal processing
- quantum error correction and mitigation
- computational complexity
- quantum-inspired and de-quantized algorithms
- benchmarking/characterization of experimental quantum devices
- quantum-circuit compiling
- quantum-software development and deployment