We are looking for motivated and talented PhD students and postdoctoral researchers for the theoretical quantum computing research group of Prof. Martin Kliesch at the Hamburg University of Technology, Germany.
We value creativity, mathematical rigor, and openness to interdisciplinary collaborations.
The research will be on fundamental and/or application-oriented topics related to quantum and/or quantum-inspired computing such as:
- Combinatorial optimization using quantum and quantum-inspired algorithms (QUBO type problems)
- Quantum system characterisation (randomized benchmarking, tomography, crosstalk, shadow estimation,…)
- Aspects of computational complexity
- Interdisciplinary and experimental collaborations
Completed scientific university studies, in particular in the subject area/s physics, mathematics, computer science, or comparable. Excellent grades are expected. Advanced knowledge within one of more of the following areas are desirable:
- Solid mathematical knowledge and skills
- Simulated annealing and theory of Metropolis sampling
- Quantum computing
- Combinatorial optimization
- Some programming skills
- Full time positions for a maximum of four years. The salary is based on the German
TV-L E13 pay scale.
- The chance to pursue your research with the goal of a doctorate or a postdoctoral qualification (habilitation).
- Excellent supervision and interdisciplinary exchange with the integration into an excellent research network in the quantum computing landscape.
- We provide the latest hardware allowing for a modern work style (e.g., ThinkPad Yoga X1 + docking station with 4k monitors).
- For exceptional postdoc candidates, a more competitive salary is possible. Please write to the mail below for questions on that option.
- For successful members of the institute, an extension of the initial contract is possible.
How to apply:
Submit your application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, university degree certificates with all grades, statement of motivation and research interests, contact details for at two recommendation letters) via the online application system, see the university posting (button "Online-Bewerbung" at the bottom of the page) for a link.
For questions, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.