Scope of work:
We are looking for a co-investigator in a H2020 EURAMET EMPIR 18SIB05 ROCIT „Robust Optical Clocks for International Timescales” project. The goal of our group is to improve the robustness of optical clocks so that they can run unattended for long periods. More information on http://empir.npl.co.uk/rocit/ and http://famo.fizyka.umk.pl/kl-famo-umk/research-umk/optical-atomic-clock/ pages.
- required: PhD in physics or related fields,
- required: at least one year research stay or PhD studies at internationally recognized institution in the atomic physics field
- required: fluency in spoken and written English,
- experience with ultra-cold atoms experiments or optical atomic clocks will be an additional advantage.
-Fulfilment of the requirements.
-The quality and number of scientific achievements.
-Knowledge of English language.
The applicants should read the European Charter and Code for Researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/euraxess/charter-code-researchers
• A cover letter (addressed to Professor Andrzej Sokala, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University).
• Curriculum vitae (including a description of scientific motivation, a description of research interests, and a publication list).
• Scan or photocopy of the candidate's university degree.
• At least one (max three) reference letter
• Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (download here)
• Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1) (download here)
• Declaration of no criminal record under art. 113 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 113 (1) of the Higher Education Act) (download here)
• Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be your primary employer once you have won the contest (download here)
Conditions of employment:
-1 year postdoc position,
-salary (gross) 9500 PLN per month,
-no teaching duties.
• Please submit the aforementioned documents to castle[at]fizyka.umk.pl by 10 January 2021 with annotation “EMPIR ROCIT” in the subject field.
• After preliminary selection a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online.
• The expected starting date of the position is not earlier than 1 March 2021.
Your submitted information will be deleted within 3 months after the closure of the application procedure.
The EMPIR initiative is co-founded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program and the EMPIR Participating Countries.