- Quantum limits to optical interferometric protocols in presence of decoherence
- Fundamental limits to stability of atomic clocks using matrix product operator techniques
- Many-body and non-linear effects in quantum metrology
- Connections between quantum estimation theory and quantum thermodynamics
- Connections between quantum estimation and quantum communication theories
- Multiparameter quantum estimation and quantum imaging
We are searching for a talented and motivated PhD student who is interested in experimental quantum optics and quantum information with trapped ions. The research will focus on the investigation of trapped strontium Rydberg ions.
Trapped Rydberg ions are a novel system for quantum technologies. By laser light, the ions’ outermost electrons are excited to high-lying orbitals. Such Rydberg ions are million times bigger than ions in the ground state, and due to their size, they obtain very peculiar properties.