The Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) of Pisa is accepting applications for 27 PhD positions in the Faculty of Sciences for the 2011/2012 academic year.
The positions are articulated as follows
* 6 positions in Physics
* 4 positions in Condensed Matter Physics
* 5 positions in Mathematics
* 3 positions in Mathematics for Industrial Technologies or for Finance
* 4 positions in Molecular Biophysics
* 4 positions in Chemistry
* 1 position in Neurobiology
PhD Positions in Many-Body Theory of Ultra-cold Atoms
Center for Optical Quantum Technologies, University of Hamburg, Germany
We offer three PhD positions, available immediately, at the newly created Center for Optical Quantum Technologies (ZOQ). In a vibrant, communicative environment, we study a wide range of quantum phenomena, from technological aspects of ultra-cold atom systems to fundamental questions of many-body theory. We use both analytical approaches, e.g. field-theoretic descriptions, as well as numerical methods, such as simulations.