We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Ph.D. student willing to join the international team undertaking the "First Team" research project entitled Integrated optics in time-frequency domain: a new versatile platform for quantum technologies, funded by the Foundation for Polish Science. The international project aims at research in the field of theoretical condensed matter as well as theoretical and experimental quantum optics.
Institution: Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Principal Investigator / Supervisor: Dr. habil. Magdalena Stobińska
Project title: Integrated optics in time-frequency domain: a new versatile platform for quantum technologies
Project is carried out within the “First Team” programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Job type: Stipend
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: 4500 PLN, tax-free (ca. 1100 EUR)
Quantum technologies enable solutions providing e.g. unconditionally secure information transfer or ultrasensitive detectors. They use entanglement, superposition and interactions at a single quanta level. Time-frequency integrated quantum optics is ideally suited for these tasks: flexible, scalable, robust to losses, offers high control of single photons. Its potential has not yet been explored. In this project, we plan to build high-quality random number generator and nanodevices based on graphene plasmons. To this end, we will advance the platform, producing pure spectrally-shaped single photons. Its features will allow to surpass the present technology to produce true randomness and study photon-plasmon interactions in 2D nanomaterials. Additional training will be provided by top specialists in integrated optics: the University of Paderborn and the University of Oxford.
1. A copy of a university diploma confirming master degree in physics
2. Recommendation letter from previous scientific supervisor; additional recommendation letters (e.g. from student’s organizations, other senior researchers) are welcome
3. Scientific curriculum vitae, focusing on achievements relevant for Ph. D. studies (e.g. previous participation in scientific activities, collaborations, internships, stipends, publications, scientific interests)
4. Motivational letter stating why the candidate is willing to participate in this research project
5. Optional: a copy of a document certifying candidate’s knowledge of English
The required documents must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to email@example.com. The recruitment committee will interview selected candidates before making the final decision. The candidates should be able to deliver original copies of the documents on demand. The final decision will be announced to the candidates as soon as the Foundation for Polish Science accepts the recruitment results.
Added note: recommendation letters should be directly sent by the supervisor/senior scientists/organizations to firstname.lastname@example.org rather that delivered by the candidate.
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.